From time to time, we all need to carry our items from place to place. Whether it’s hauling clothes to the laundromat or just getting your groceries from the car to your home, carrying items can wear on your back and be a real strain. To help relieve some of this physical stress, wagons really come in handy, and when those wagons are able to be folded so that they are extra portable, you have a large amount of convenience.
In this guide, we are going to review some of the best folding wagons on the market today, but first, let’s take a look at our products.
Best Folding Wagons 2018
- Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- WonderFold Outdoor High-End NEW GENERATION Outdoor Utility Collapsible Folding Wagon
- Coleman Camp Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon
- YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart
- Ollieroo Outdoor Utility Wagon Folding Collapsible Garden Beach Shopping Cart
- TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart
- Mac Sports WTC-145 Collapsible Outdoor Folding Wagon
- Radio Flyer Full Size All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon
- Mac Sports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon
Best Folding Wagons 2018 Comparison
|Name||Dimensions, inch||Inside Dimensions, inch||Compact Dimensions, inch||Weight Item/ Limit, pounds||Wheels, inch|
|Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Wagon||35.5x20x22.5 ||32.5x17.5x10.5||29.5x8x20||22.5/ 150||7||Check Price|
|Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding Wagon||36.2x21.4x24.6||33.5x18.9x10.5||31.5x9.7x21.4||25/ 150||10||Check Price|
|WonderFold Outdoor Collapsible Folding Wagon with Canopy||45.2x21.6x23.6||32x18.5x11||23.6x5.9x32.2||28/ 165||10 w/ break||Check Price|
|Coleman Camp Collapsible Folding Wagon||38x20.5x22.2||34x16x11.5||30x8x22.2||10.8/ 150||7||Check Price|
|YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Cart|| 32.7x19.7x20.1||24x16x10||29.9x6.9x19.7||12/ 150||7||Check Price|
|Ollieroo Outdoor Wagon Folding Collapsible||48.5x19.3x20||34.3x17.3x10.2||30.5x8x20||23.5/ 150||7||Check Price|
|TimberRidge Folding Camping Utility Wagon||35.5x12x18.4||35x17x10||30x8.5x16.5||24.9/ 150||8||Check Price|
|Mac Sports WTC-145 Collapsible Folding Wagon||35x20x23||32.5x17.5x10.5||29.5x8x20||22.5/ 150||7||Check Price|
|Radio Flyer Full Size All Terrain Wagon||37.2x9.5x18.5||35.5x16.5x10 w/ Wooden stake sides||No||29.8/ 200||10 air tires||Check Price|
|Mac Sports Collapsible Utility Folding Wagon||43.7x20.2x22.5||32.5x17.5x10.5||29.5x8x20.2||22.5/ 150||7||Check Price|
Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Blue – Best Folding Wagon Collapsible Utility with Best Reviews
One of the best features of our first product is its foldability. When you need to store it, it folds down to a very small size, which means that it’s perfectly designed to fit in a trunk or on a shelf when not in use. Additionally, it also has a very strong construction that boasts 600 denier fabric and a metal frame.
This product has a large capacity that provides 35.5 x 20 x 22.5 inches of internal space. It also comes in seven distinct colors so that you can accessorize as well. The wheels are also relatively heavy duty and can navigate several types of terrain.
The wheels are good for asphalt or even some rockier areas, but they are also a bit thin, which means that they aren’t the best for sandier areas.
- It really folds very compactly
- It’s made of great materials
- The handle is adjustable
- The wheels aren’t beach-ready
- It won’t stand up when collapsed
Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart, Blue/White – Best Folding Beach Wagon for
If you’re looking for terrain-ready wheels, the Mac Sports All-Terrain wagon might be exactly what you need. The wheels are amazingly adaptable; they are large for rougher terrain and thick for sand. Add to this the fact that it can manage up to 150 pounds, and you’ve got a very adaptable wagon.
The internal sizing of this product is 36.2 x 21.4 x 24.6 inches, which means that it’s got plenty of internal capacity. It even has some mesh cup holders, which is a feature that’s very useful when you’re using it on an outing.
The biggest drawback of this product is its weight; this Mac Sports product weighs almost 25 pounds, which is probably why it is so durable and has such a high weight capacity.
- It can manage any terrain
- The handle is adjustable
- It has room for a lot of items
- It can handle up to 150 pounds of weight
- It’s a bit heavy
- If you load up the front, the wagon can pitch forward
WonderFold Outdoor High-End NEW GENERATION Outdoor Utility Collapsible Folding Wagon with Canopy, Auto Locks, Spring Bounce, Brake, Stand, EVA Wide Tire (Purple) – Best Outdoor Folding Wagon With a Canopy
These types of products have a lot of versatility when it comes to daily use, and this WonderFold wagon is great for towing around items or even taking your kids to the beach. It comes with a retractable canopy that you can use for UV or weather protection. It even has a spring-loaded handle that cannot fall on the ground when you let it go.
This is a sturdy and versatile wagon. It has a weight capacity of 165 pounds, and it has room enough for a wide variety of items. Its internal dimensions are 45.25 x 21.65 x 23.62 inches, and it includes a foot brake as well.
This is a particularly heavy wagon; it weighs about 28 pounds, so it might be a hassle to carry around when it is folded.
- It has a canopy
- This wagon can manage 165 pounds
- It has wheels that can manage most terrains
- It doesn’t have seatbelts
- The internal floor isn’t as comfortable as it could be
- It can tip over
Coleman Camp Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon – Best Utility Folding Wagon for General Use
Sometimes, you need a wagon that can quickly convert, and this product from Coleman is an adequate option for these types of needs. It folds up quickly using an accordion frame, and it has a telescoping handle that should be easily usable for most.
This product has five cubic feet of item storage; and at only 10.76 pounds, it’s very easy to heft this wagon to where you need it to go.
While it is made of fairly tough polyester, this product can be torn and frayed if you are going over rough territory. Fortunately, the bottom is reinforced so that you can manage 150 pounds or so.
- It’s very light
- This wagon can manage 150 pounds of weight
- It has five cubic feet of space
- It isn’t the toughest product out there
- This isn’t a beach-friendly product
YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart,Beach Red (Navy Blue) – Best Collapsible Folding Wagon for Sturdy Construction
This product’s weight capacity is 150 pounds, which means that it can carry quite a lot of items. It’s also very easy to unfold so that you can quickly be on your way. The handle retracts when it folds so that the product has a very small form factor when you need to store it.
The wheels really are only designed for relatively flat terrain. They are thin and small, so if you plan on going off the beaten path, this isn’t for you.
- It doesn’t require any assembly
- It’s tough
- This product has two cup holders
- It’s very versatile and all-purpose
- The wheels are too thin for the beach or rockier terrain
- It’s not as large as some of the other options out there
Ollieroo Outdoor Utility Wagon Folding Collapsible Garden Beach Shopping Cart With 7″x 4″ Thick Rubber Wheels 150 Pound Capacity Red – Best Folding All-Terrain Wagon for the Beach
The wheels on this Ollieroo product really are amazing; they are rubber and are thick and large so that you can expect to be able to use them on any terrain. This is also a product with a good weight capacity; in fact, you’ll be able to manage 150 pounds of cargo.
This product comes in a distinctive red color and it folds in the accordion-style. It has an assembled size of 48.5 x 20 x 19.3 inches, and it folds up fairly compactly. The materials of this product are also fairly durable and are easy to clean due to a blend of polyester that repels stains.
For this wagon, the handle doesn’t fold down when it’s fully set up. This can cause the handle to get in the way as you go about your outing.
- It has a capacity of 150 pounds
- The wheels are all-terrain
- It folds down neatly
- Sometimes the wheels won’t turn properly
- The wheels can be squeaky
TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart – Collapsible Sturdy Steel Frame Garden/Beach Wagon/Cart – Best Folding Wagons Cart for Warranty
Another accordion-style wagon, this product from TimberRidge sets itself apart from our other entries by its usage highly maneuverable front wheels that provide some excellent steering. In addition, the manufacturer provides a one-year warranty for this product.
There’s a decent amount of cargo space with this product. Firstly, its dimensions are 35.5 x 18.4 x 12 inches, which provides a good amount of internal storage area. It can also manage about 150 pounds of cargo, which is perfect for making your trips a little easier.
For some reason, this product tends to struggle on dry sand. Also, the handle is a bit short for taller individuals.
- It’s spacious
- Excellent degree of control
- It’s backed by a warranty
- It really doesn’t handle sand that well despite its wide wheels
- Wheels that are made of flimsy-feeling plastic
Mac Sports WTC-145 Collapsible Outdoor Folding Wagon, Black – Best Folding Wagons Sports for Compactness
This is a very foldable wagon; in fact, it folds to only about eight inches in thickness, which means that this is one of the more storable products on this list. As the second Mac Sports wagon that we’re covering, this product is very portable, easy to carry, and is very easy to store.
This Mac Sports product has two cup holders, which is useful for those heading to a sporting event. In addition, it has an internal area that measures 32.5 x 17.5 x 10.5 inches, which means that it’s fairly spacious internally.
This is a fairly heavy product; in fact, it weighs about 22.5 pounds, which is potentially due to the fact that this is a fairly sturdy wagon.
- It has two cup holders
- The handle is fairly adjustable
- It folds down very compactly
- The wheels are only really rated for pavement
- The handle is just rubber-coated metal, which isn’t great for ergonomics
Radio Flyer Full Size All-Terrain Steel & Wood Wagon – Best Folding Wagons Utility All-Terrain for the Kids
Radio Flyer is one of the more classic brands of wagon and this product attempts to capture some of that old-time styling. Its wheels are very robust, which means that you shouldn’t have too much of an issue pulling it over loose gravel or stones. It’s also designed to resist tipping.
This product has air tires with a 10-inch diameter. These provide a stable ride on most terrains, and it has higher sides so that you can safely transport children if you need. In fact, this product is really designed to be used for and by children.
It doesn’t really fold down very compactly. Fortunately, you can fold the handle under the body of the product.
- This wagon is designed not to tip
- It can manage 200 pounds of capacity
- Wheels are all-terrain
- It has a classic steel and wood design
- It can be slightly garrish for adults
- The wood can splinter somewhat
Mac Sports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon with Folding Table and Drink Holders, Blue – Best Collapsible Folding Wagon for Cup Holding
The final product in this guide is another accordion-style wagon by Mac Sports. It has an easy-to-fold form factor and it also features a platform that houses two cup holders, which makes this a good product for beach expeditions.
This is a product that has a relatively spacious interior; its dimensions are 43.7 x 20.2 x 22.5 inches, and it is fairly quick and easy to deploy.
The wheels have a tendency to swivel too much as you are pulling this wagon. Additionally, they are really only usable on even terrain.
- It uses 600 denier fabric
- The product has cup holders
- It folds down to a relatively small size
- This will struggle with rocky or sandy terrain
- The wheels tend to swivel too much
Best Folding Wagons – Buyer’s Guide
When you’re in the market for a good wagon, portability is definitely one of the most crucial things to consider. Many of these wagons are foldable, but some fold smaller than others, which makes them better suited for storage. The key to finding the best folding wagon is to try to purchase one that has a blend of capacity and compactness. This way, you can fold your wagon down and store it in your truck, but still have the ability to transport heavier items like tools from place to place.
What are some other considerations to make?
You won’t always be traveling over flat asphalt parking lots, and when you need to travel over rougher terrain, it’s good to have a wagon that can traverse this rocky ground with ease. In order to be able to adapt to rougher terrain, the best folding wagons will need to have robust, larger wheels so that things like gravel and larger stones won’t hinder the ease in which you carry your belongings.
In addition to this, it’s also a great idea to have wider wheels because these types of wheels can navigate sandier beaches more easily. With this in mind, larger and wider wheels can be preferable, especially if you plan on traveling over varied terrain.
Storage Space and Weight Capacity
What would a wagon be without a spacious area to store your belongings? Sometimes, with best folding wagons, you might have to sacrifice some of the internal space for portability. That being said, it’s always important to remember that the primary function of one of these products is to make carrying your belongings more convenient.
Durability and Cleanability
The fabric of your wagon (if it doesn’t have a solid body) is absolutely crucial. It’s a good idea to purchase the best folding wagons that is made of a tough, damage-resistant material like thick nylon; this way, you won’t be caught with a tear or fraying. In addition to this, a good metal frame will also ensure that your wagon is tough enough to withstand whatever you throw at it. Aluminum is a good material because it is both strong and lightweight.
Handle Style and Ergonomics
When it comes to the grip styles of these types of products, there is a lot of variation; some handles go straight up and are relatively fixed, other handles protrude at an angle from the wagon. Whatever type you choose, you should select the handle that’s most comfortable for you to use for long periods. This means that the grip should be nice and ergonomic, and you shouldn’t have to reach down in order to pull your best folding wagons.
Some Additional Features to Think About
In addition to the previously covered features, some wagons have additional features like:
- Carrying Case – This allows you to fold up the wagon and store it in its own carrying case. This feature allows you to more conveniently store your wagon without its folded components snagging on items. Additionally, this is a great feature to protect your wagon from damage and scratches between uses.
- Mesh Cup Holders – When you are pulling your little one or you just want to have a space for a couple of canned drinks, this feature can be very useful. Typically, you’ll find two drink holders in the best folding wagons.
- Cushioning and Safety Straps – This is useful when you are toting your children in your wagon during an outing. When you’re using your wagon this way, it’s a great idea to have some safety straps for your children for their protection as well.
- Canopy – This provides some UV protection for whatever is inside of your best folding wagons. This is particularly useful for young children and can come in handy when traveling on the beach. Most models with this feature also have retractability so that you have that option as well.
Soon, automation will be one of the features that we’ll come to expect in a wagon, which means that our wagons will be able to follow us with the kind robotic artificial intelligence that we’re seeing in the drone industry.