Men don’t often consider keeping their tools in any order. They might use it once and throw it to the side, only to go searching for it again in just a few minutes. Wouldn’t all the problems be solved if you just got a tool box that housed it all? From nails and screws to screwdrivers and hammers, you can purchase a best tool box to keep your tools organized practically eliminating the need to spend hours searching for your favorite hammer.
Best tool box 2018
- DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Deep Box
- Cat 26-inch Premium Plastic Portable Tool Box
- Stanley STST19410 19-Inch One-Latch Toolbox
- Stack-On R-516-2 16-Inch Multi-Purpose Steel Tool Box
- DEWALT DWST08204 Tough System Case
- Stanley FMST18001 FatMax 18-Inch Structural Foam Tool Box
- Keter New Masterloader Plastic Rolling Organizer Tool Box
- Stanley STST18613 3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop
- The Original Pink Box PB20MTB 20-Inch Steel Tool Box
- Stanley 020800R FatMax 4-in1 Mobile Work Station
- BOSTITCH BTST19802 Rolling Tool Box
- Akro-Mils 10144 D 20-Inch by 16-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch Hardware and Craft Cabinet
When you are getting ready to buy a tool box, you might be at a loss for the best tool box on the market. You can learn what things to look for and which products are the best to keep your tools organized and in one place in this Best tool box – Buyer’s Guide. Choosing a tool box for your shop or home has never been easier. In just a few minutes, you could have your brand new tool box picked out and on your way to make even the messiest handyman better organized. Below is a comparison table to help you decide between tool boxes followed by twelve of the best tool boxes on the market to help you make your decision. The buyer’s guide will help you understand the ins and outs of the tool boxes so you can be confident that you have chosen well.
Best tool box 2018 Comparison
|Name||Dimensions (inch)||Weight (pounds)||Included Components|
|DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Deep Box|
| 17.3x11.9x13||5.9||1)Flexible Platform allows different combinations;|
2)All units can stack one on top of the other and connected with durable side latches;
3)Built in bi-material handle;
5)Extra Large Volume for high tools storage.
|Cat 26-inch Premium Plastic Portable Tool Box|
|26x10.5x10||8.5||1)Reinforced polypropylene walls; 2)Removable small parts organizers and long tool compartment with high impact polycarbonate clear lids built into the lid.||Check Price|
|Stanley STST19410 19-Inch One-Latch Toolbox||19.3x10.5x9.3||5.1||1)One-hand operation latch allows opening when other hand is occupied; |
2)Wide soft grip handle;
3)Removable tray allows enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath; 4)Organizers on top lid for small parts organization.
|Stack-On R-516-2 16-Inch Multi-Purpose Steel Tool Box||16x7x7.5||4.9||1)Nickel-plated steel; 2)Full-length, staked piano hinge; 3)Includes lift out plastic tray for frequently used tools.||Check Price|
|DEWALT DWST08204 Tough System Case||14.2x21.4x15.9||13.2||1)Durable 4mm thick structural foam box wall; |
2)Inner vertical storage for hand tools and removable tray for hand tools.
|Stanley FMST18001 FatMax 18-Inch Structural Foam Tool Box||17.8x12.1x9.2||7.7||1)Combines Structural Foam toughness with the popular cantilever organization; |
2)This box offers time savings by increasing the visibility of the tools and easier access.
|Keter New Masterloader Plastic Rolling Organizer Tool Box||14.8x24.2x16.3||15||Rolling W/ Pull-Out HandleLockable Latch.||Check Price|
|Stanley STST18613 3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop||18.1x11.6x24.3||9.8||3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop.||Check Price|
|The Original Pink Box PB20MTB 20-Inch Steel Tool Box||9x20x9||6.3||Lockable Latch.||Check Price|
|Stanley 020800R FatMax 4-in1 Mobile Work Station||12.7x2.6x1.4||23.6||Multi-level rolling system allows easy access to all 4 storage areas.||Check Price|
|BOSTITCH BTST19802 Rolling Tool Box||13.6x30.6x19.2||18.9||Can be separated into 2 parts: Bottom bin with drawer with ball bearing slides, Tool Box with drawer with ball bearing slide.||Check Price|
|Akro-Mils 10144 Hardware and Craft Cabinet||20x16x7||7.5||12-drawers: 4.4"x2"x5.3";|
Features Best Tool Box Reviews
DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Deep Box– Best Quality Tool Box Deal
If you are in search of a tool box that will hold everything you need, you’ve found the best tool box. This heavy duty box can hold up to 44 pounds of tools and equipment, and the deep construction lets you place everything inside without problems. It doesn’t matter how bulky the power tool or hand tool is, it will fit in this tool box.
- Durable construction for most uses
- Lid organizer keeps smaller objects in their place
- Plenty of room to store multiple tools
- Will hold up to 44 pounds of tools without problems
- Top latches are made from plastic, not metal
- Handle isn’t quite long enough vertically
Cat 26-inch Premium Plastic Portable Tool Box– Best Tool Box fo Truck, Made in the USA
For some, having products made right here in the USA is crucial. In fact, they often won’t buy any other products. When it comes to tool boxes made in the US, Cat definitely takes the lead with their tool box. This product includes many different features, making it ideal for tool storage and transport to many different places.
- Large storage space to hold all your tools
- Lightweight design
- Made in the USA
- Durable and seemingly waterproof
- Plastic can flex when stuffed with heavy tools
- Not made from structural foam construction
Stanley STST19410 19-Inch One-Latch Toolbox– Best One Handed Tool Box for Home and for Car
You know how it can be. You’re working like crazy, but you need one tool to get the job done. It’s in your tool box, but you can’t let go of the piece you are holding. Luckily, with this Stanley tool box, you can easily open your tool box with one hand to retrieve the tool you need. The latch opens easily, and since there is only one, you can simply open the latch with your free hand. Retrieving tools has never been easier.
- Keeps everything organized
- One-handed latch is easy and simple to use
- Large storage space to keep everything together
- Great for indoor use
- Tool tray can hinder the lid from closing properly
- Not ideal for outdoor use
Stack-On R-516-2 16-Inch Multi-Purpose Steel Tool Box– Best Portable Hand Tool Box, Classic Product
Classically made with steel, this tool box brings back the good old days with its bright red hue. Since this tool box is made with a nickel-plated steel material, you can hold heavier tools inside this tool box. You won’t regret having a tool box that resembles the old tool boxes used many years ago, and the design will last you for years to come. This tool box is great for hand tools to use around the house or outdoors.
- The price is great for many budgets
- Has great storage space for its size
- Steel construction is durable, and coating won’t rust
- Lightweight design
- Size is not large enough to hold power tools
- Handle and clasp are flimsy
DEWALT DWST08204 Tough System Case– Best Toughest Tool Box for Garage
For large storage and extra tough construction, you’ve found the right tool box to meet your needs. You can easily and confidently store your tools in this large box, and with the water seal around the edges, you can be certain that your tools will stay free of water damage. Made from structural foam, this tool box can easily house your heavy tools without any problems. You can also be rough with this box if you need to be. Was it mentioned that these tool boxes are stackable with side latches to keep them secure during storage?
- Tough design to keep your tools safe
- Water seal keeps the tools safe from water damage inside
- Handles on the top and sides make it easy to carry
- Holds power tools and hand tools
- Be careful with weight because the handles might not be able to handle the entire weight
- There is no accessory lid to the tray to keep small items from rolling around
Stanley FMST18001 FatMax 18-Inch Structural Foam Tool Box– Best Plastic Waterproof Tool Box for Plumbers, Electrician
For those who use tools around water, it is always a good idea to go with a waterproof toolbox to keep your tools organized and free of water damage. However, not every tool box is waterproof, meaning your tools might get wet while being stored away. This Stanley tool box has a waterproof seal to keep the water from entering the box and causing damage to your tools. It is also made from a durable structural foam that won’t give if you are a little rough on the box.
- Case is made from sturdy materials
- Ideal for home use
- Large compartment for storage of anything and everything
- Waterproof to keep battery powered items from enduring water damage
- If it is bent out of shape, it will not go back to the original shape
- Latches have a tendency to come loose after multiple uses
Keter New Masterloader Plastic Rolling Organizer Tool Box– Best Locking Tool Box on Wheels
To keep all of your tools in one place without falling out, you might want to invest in a locking tool box. Yes, you could purchase a tool box that you can add a lock, but you could also purchase a tool box with an auto locking system directly on the box. It might seem too good to be true, but the Keter tool box has an auto-locking mechanism that keeps the top bins secure and the tools inside organized. Just one simple switch from the unlock to lock position can close the bins and keep your tools securely inside.
- Lots of storage space for all your tools
- Solid design for heavier tools
- Locking mechanism keeps lids closed and tools safely inside
- Wheels allow you to transport your tools wherever you want
- Handle doesn’t always come easily
- Spring latch doesn’t always hold up nicely
Stanley STST18613 3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop– Best Tool Box Kit under 50$
Many people have power tools as well as hand tools. Power tools also need a storage space that will keep them organized and out of the way. Luckily, this Stanley tool box is great for storage of power tools and hand tools all at the same time. There are two units on this tool box, each unit standing alone. The box also includes removable tray and organizer to allow for more storage space should you need it.
- Durable for use with many tools
- Easy to move from place to place and maneuve
- Keeps everything organized with removable tray and organizer
- Price is great
- Wheels are flimsy and can break under too much weight
- Product is top heavy and falls over easily
The Original Pink Box PB20MTB 20-Inch Steel Tool Box– Best Tool Box Colorful Ever
If you like colorful tool boxes for use around the home, then you’ve found the right tool box for you. This hot pink tool box is small, but it has just enough room to house all the tools you need to fix things around your home like minor repairs, picture hanging, and other things. Interestingly enough, this tool box has several features that make it one-of-a-kind and perfect for storing home tools. You can remove the plastic tray insert to give you more storage as well.
- Ideal for home use and tools of all kinds
- The box is lightweight and easy to carry around
- Ability to lock the box
- Color is bright and bold
- The lid is perhaps the heaviest part of the entire box
- Locking tab is made from plastic that can easily break
Stanley 020800R FatMax 4-in1 Mobile Work Station– Best Large Tool Box on Wheels
Your workstation is not complete unless you have this mobile tool box to house all of your tools. The durable design keeps all of your tools in one place where you can easily get to them without any fuss. The latching system is easy to use, keeping all your tools locked in place, and you can easily pull this rolling system along wherever you need to go with your tools.
- Great storage space for everything you need
- Wheels move easily on the floor or ground
- Bottom storage slides out so you can easily get to all your tools at once
- Dividers can be removed for added storage space
- Top is not very supportive for heavy items should you choose to set them there
- Bins inside are not adjustable; they are one size fits all
BOSTITCH BTST19802 Rolling Tool Box– Best Rolling Tool Box under 200$
Many people prefer to use a rolling tool box so they can bring all of their tools easily from place to place. There are many rolling tool boxes on the market, but this BOSTITCH product is noted as the best rolling tool box out there. You can even separate the tool box into two separate parts should you need to, making it easy for you to keep your tools stored away while still giving you the ability to take them from place to place easily.
- Ball bearing slides let the drawers come out easily with no strain
- Separates into two parts for easy storage
- Rubber wheels glide easily on the floor or ground
- Perfect for minimal tool storage
- Can only hold 70 pounds of weight
- Not ideal for industrial use
Akro-Mils 10144 D 20-Inch by 16-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch Hardware and Craft Cabinet– Best Tool Box with Organization Sistem
Just face it. Men are rough on their tools and the things that they store their tools in. Because of this, you should invest in a durable tool box that will stand up to the rugged treatment of everyday use. Luckily, this all-purpose product is made to handle high-impact treatment of everyday use. Made with a durable frame, you won’t have to worry about this tool box collapsing on you.
- Includes dividers for the drawers to keep items separated
- Great for tools or crafting supplies
- Can be stacked or mounted on the wall
- Drawers remove for easy use
- The drawers do not lock, meaning if you knocked the box over, everything would spill out
- The purchase doesn’t come with mounting tools
Best tool box – Buyer’s Guide
When you are shopping for the best tool box to fit your needs, you might be at a loss of what to look for in a good tool box. You can spend all day comparing models, looking at pros and cons, and studying reviews. If you don’t know what sort of advantages, features, and technologies these tool boxes have, then you will be just as lost and confused as for when you started.
Luckily, this buyer’s guide is put in place to help you understand what goes into a good tool box. By reading this and then comparing models and reviews, you can find the best tool box to meet all of your needs whether those needs be storage, durability, or transportable. You can be confident in your shopping after reading this guide because you will understand the basics of a tool box a little better than before. For future reference, you can check out this Best tool box – Buyer’s Guide.
There are multiple advantages to having a tool box in your shop or home. Though you might think you know of all the advantages, there might be some that you missed or overlooked. However, these advantages might come in handy when you begin searching for the best tool box. Since there are many advantages, only a few will be discussed in this guide to help save time.
The organization is one of the many advantages to having a best tool box. Of course, you want somewhere to put your tools, but having a tool box with drawers and trays can help you keep your tools organized and in a particular place.This organization can be useful when you are in a hurry to find a certain tool. You will know exactly where it is in your tool box.
For many people, having the ability to transport your tools from place to place is one advantage that you just can’t overlook. Most every tool box has handles that you can use to carry your tools, but not every toolbox has wheels to roll your tools from place to place. For some, having wheels makes it easier to transport a box of heavy tools where they might be needed.
Tool boxes seem simple, and to an extent they are. However, some tool boxes are equipped with different technologies that make them unique in many ways. There might be a certain technology that you didn’t know about that could alter which tool box you initially purchase. Like the advantages, there are many different technologies on different tool boxes. For the sake of this buyer’s guide, only two technologies will be addressed.
Like the transport advantage mentioned above, rolling is one technology that is often forgotten or overlooked. Through the use of rubber or other material wheels, you can easily roll your tool box from place to place, making it easier for you to transport your tools. You might also save yourself from back trouble or shoulder pain because you don’t have to lift the heavy tool box.
Auto locking is not found on many tool boxes. In fact, very few tool boxes have this new technology in place. This locking system works much like a deadbolt on your front door. You simply turn the knob from unlock to lock, and the lid of the tool box is securely shut. There is no need to purchase an additional lock to keep the lid from opening, and you can easily unlock the lid with one hand.
Many people look to the additional features before purchasing a product. Perhaps this is because many people like having a product that does several different things. While tool boxes are unique in their way, they are often equipped with different features as well. Companies put these features in place in the hopes that buyers will choose their tool box. There are many features, but only a few will be discussed here.
If you can’t find a tool box with the auto locking system, you should look for a tool box with a locking tab. Locking tabs are small tabs the jut out from the lid and the body of the tool box, coming together to make an opening where you can place a padlock. In this way, you can keep the lid secure, and prevent anyone from stealing the tools inside the toolbox. You can also keep children from getting into the dangerous tools.
Telescopic handles are found on rolling tool boxes. These handles are shaped in a way that makes rolling the tool box from place to place much easier than before. Not every rolling toolbox is equipped with this handle feature, however. You should always check for this feature before purchasing a rolling tool box because it can help with the transport of heavy tools.